Tuesday, March 24, 2009

YOGA!


Relaxation is a key part of good health. In our very busy lives, it is vital for us to find time to relax, rejuvenate and simply be still. Not only will our bodies thank us for it, but we will be more emotionally and mentally sound and have a greater sense of control of our lives.
One relaxation technique is Yoga. Though I don't fully understand the great benefits of yoga, after looking up some interesting facts, I definitely want to try it and I hope you do too! Here are a couple sites I found talking about the benefits of Yoga and explaining proper technique and positions:
Some of the Health Benefits of Yoga include:
  • Increases flexibility
  • Increases lubrication of the joints, ligaments and tendons
  • Massages ALL organs of the body
  • Complete detoxification
  • Excellent toning of the muscles
  • Improves posture
  • Breathing techniques
  • Reduces stress
  • And more!
I don't know about you, but I am now more committed to trying yoga! :)

2 comments:

  1. I've heard so many good things about Yoga - but classes are so expensive! I heard there is a free class on campus...? Have you heard anything? I think my roommate has a DVD - but it's just not the same as a real life class - ya know?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I absolutely LOVE yoga!! There's a class that I go to at Gold's Gym and it is the best! It is so relaxing and you can go at your own pace which is so good for me! Also, at the end of each class, the teacher will come by during the "cool down" stage and put aromatherapy oil on our foreheads and stretch out our limbs. It's awesome!

    ReplyDelete